NEW YEAR: 4-week Introduction to Mindfulness Course
4-WEEK INTRODUCTION TO MINDFULNESS COURSE
Starts: Sunday 19 January 2020 - Time: 10.30-12:30 - Venue: Den Haag
This course takes you on a journey to discover how you can live your life more fully, in the present moment. During this introduction course you will receive a tool kit of Mindfulness practises and techniques that will allow you to cope better with stress and to make conscious choices that will improve and enhance every aspect of your life. You will discover what it is like to "wake up", to calm the mind, understand your thoughts and emotions and take control of your life.
- 4 x two hour experiential and practical classes (over 4 weekends)
- Guided meditation recordings to support home practise
- Daily email inspiration to support you through the course
- Weekly course workbooks and extra support material
Course dates (time 10.30-12.30):
Sunday 19 January
Sunday 26 January
Sunday 2 February
Sunday 9 February
Price: €175 (including 21% BTW) (EARLY BIRD PRICE €150 IF YOU BOOK BEFORE 31ST DEC!)
This course is for people who would like to have a thorough introduction to Mindfulness and to be empowered to start their own practice.
The benefits of Mindfulness are far reaching and scientifically researched. Some of the benefits include:
- A reduction in worry, anxiety & impulsivity
- An increase in optimism, relaxation & awareness
- An increase in mental strength & focus
- Improvement in cognitive skills & creative thinking
- Improvement in decision making & problem solving
- Enhances immune system & energy levels
In this 4-week course you’ll learn how to:
- Be more present – live life in the moment
- Recognise unhelpful thought patterns
- Cultivate positive feelings
- Train focus and attention
- Understand the relationship between thoughts, emotions and the body
- Learn to respond rather than react in difficult situations
- Calm down the stress response
- Improve communications
- Enhance positive experiences
- Cope with negative experiences
- Nurture mindful self-talk and motivation
- Become kinder towards yourself and others
- Practice mindfulness in daily life
The classes will include some theory, but are mainly focused on the mindfulness practice, where the real benefits are found. This will include formal practice (ie meditation) and informal practice (eg mindful eating, mindful movement, mindful communication).
There will be weekly home practice, which includes daily meditation practice as well as informal mindfulness practice (such as mindful eating, mindful walking). The meditation practice will take between 10-20 minutes a day.
You will receive recorded guided meditations to support your home practice, as well as daily emails containing mindfulness tips and extra support material each week, for those interested.
To find out more visit my website:
NB: The course will take place in English