Product Management Essentials Training Workshop - Amsterdam
Increasing your strategic impact as a product manager
Training Workshop Overview
As product managers develop in their role, and have confidence in their ability to deliver value to their customers, they must start focusing on how they can align their organisation around that value. In a survey conducted by Mind the Product of 1200 product managers, the top challenges that product managers reported were organisation misalignment and a lack of clear vision. Yet, the product manager role often has no authority, so how does a product manager begin to wield influence, critical to success? How can product managers ensure that their organisation will support the delivery of product value?
Essentials is a survey course that helps product managers understand the skill of utilizing a user-driven practice, not just to deliver a product, but to deliver alignment. Product managers are responsible so much more than product delivery, and at its heart, the role is a strategic one. Essentials builds on Foundations by outlining further tactical product skills and adds an additional layer of strategic communication and alignment to the discourse.
What we’ll cover on the day
Product Management Essentials is a full-day workshop comprised of six modules. Each module includes a lecture component on theory and practice, interspersed with up to three hands-on activities. This ensures that you have an opportunity to apply and work with concepts in a setting that will answer questions and facilitate critical thinking. The following modules will be covered:
- Evaluating opportunity: Understanding how to unpack product assumptions and line up macro data to establish product viability and the foundations for product/market fit
- Research techniques: Reviewing a range of research methodologies, beyond the classic interview, that help product teams validate problem and solution
- Synthesis: Distilling insights from research and how to collaborate with stakeholders to deepen user understanding and influence
- Prioritisation: Covering a range of techniques and their uses for alignment at points of product development lifecycle
- Stakeholder management: A deep-dive into organisational relationships and understanding how to build a communication strategy
Things to reflect on before the workshop
Before your training workshop we ask that you take some time to consider the following questions. The more time you take to consider your current situation, and the issues and challenges you face, the more you’ll gain from your training:
- How much effort do you feel you have invested in stakeholder relationships?
- How often do you make an effort to make your process more collaborative?
- How do new projects or changes to features happen at your company?
- How do you currently collect evidence to support decisions?
You will leave this workshop with the skills you need in order to build a strategic layer onto your core product practices. You will understand how to evaluate a potential product idea/change for value, and how to use process as an alignment tool within your company. You’ll go back to work with a firm grasp of where you should include your stakeholders as collaborators, understanding how to build effective relationships with said stakeholders, and with the ability to create a communication strategy with your organisation.
Note: All of the content taught in this workshop will be in English.
Mind the Product Trainers
Every Mind the Product trainer is a working product manager who has worked with multiple products and domains. Your trainer’s product management experience enriches the curriculum by delivering diverse perspectives on best practice in different scenarios. You will hear about the products they have worked on in the past, what went well, what didn’t go so well, and how they tried to make improvements. Our trainers’ main goal is not to provide participants with all of the answers, but help facilitate them in asking the right questions.
About your Trainer
Alex Charlton, Designer
Alex is a freelance designer specialising in service, user experience and interaction design. He works hands-on with teams inside organisations to help identify problems, build validated solutions and foster new processes and ways of working.
Before relocating to Amsterdam in 2017, Alex led a full-service digital agency in London where he worked on projects for Sony, Redbull, HSBC, Airbnb and many others.
Registration will begin at 9.00
Class will start at 9.30 sharp and end at 17.00
We'll also provide a light breakfast, buffet lunch, and plenty of tea and coffee to fuel you through the day.
Frequently Asked Questions
What language will this workshop be taught in?
All of the content taught in this workshop will be in English.
Can I change the name or other details on my tickets?
Yes, but only the person who purchased the ticket can make these changes on Eventbrite. You are free to change your ticket details up to two days before the event, including name, title, etc. Please make sure these details are correct as they will be what we show on your badge! Just login to Eventbrite and make the changes,
Can I get a refund?
We offer a full refund up to one month before the event. Simply log in to Eventbrite and request the refund
Can I pay by invoice?
As we are a small team we only offer payment by invoice if you are buying 5 tickets or more due to the additional overhead. Early Bird conference tickets cannot be purchased by invoice. Please also note that no tickets are held/issued until payment of the invoice has been received. Request to pay by invoice by emailing
- Tickets are not held until payment has been made – there are no exceptions to this.
- We cannot agree to any terms and conditions associated with Purchase Order numbers or other supplier agreements.
- We do not fill in supplier detail forms for ticket invoices – if you cannot find details you require on our website – please ask.