Microsoft Project 2013 2 Days Virtual Live Training in Utrecht
Microsoft Project 2013 is a powerful tool for creating and managing projects.
The 2013 version includes several new features as well as some improved ones.
Microsoft Project (or MSP) is a project management software program. It is designed to assist project managers in developing plans, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, managing budgets, analyzing workloads
Microsoft Project 2013 can be the go-to tool in your project-management toolbox. This course explains how to use Project to build schedules (which we’ll generally call plans) complete with tasks and resources; use the extensive formatting features in Project to organize and format the plan’s details, track actual work against the plan, share status, and take corrective action when things get off track.
Create plans at the level of detail that’s right for your project. Work with summary data initially, or shift to a more detailed approach when it’s convenient.
Any one can attend this training
- Control or what tasks Project can schedule automatically or that you’ll schedule manually.
- Manage tasks, costs, work, and resources at whatever level of detail is appropriate for your project’s needs.
- Work with your plan’s data in a variety of views and reports.
- Track and manage your plan throughout the life of the project.
- Collaborate and share data with others in your organization using rich view and report formatting options.
- Use resource pools, consolidated projects, and cross-project links to extend your project-management focus across multiple projects.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Students will receive a course manual with presentation slides and reference materials.
There is no exam.
Internet for downloading the eBook
Laptop, tablet, Smartphone, eReader (No Kindle)
Adobe DRM supported software (e.g. Digital Editions, Bluefire Reader)
eBook download and activation instructions
Module 1: Initialize a Project
- Customize option settings
- Create a new project
- Create and maintain calendars
- Create custom fields
Module 2: Create a Task-Based Schedule
- Setup project information
- Create and modify a project task structure
- Create a user-controlled schedule
- Build a logical schedule model
- Manage multiple projects
Module 3: Manage Resources and Assignments
- Enter and edit resource information
- Create and edit resource assignments
- Manage resource allocation
- Manage resource allocations by using Team Planner
- Model project costs
Module 4: Track and Analyze a Project
- Set and maintain baselines
- Update actual progress
- Compare progress against a baseline
- Resolve potential schedule problems
- Display Critical Path information
Module 5: Communicate Project Information
- Apply and customize views
- Share data with other applications
- Configure and display reports and dashboards
- Connect and share data with SharePoint
- Extend Project 2013