Managing Safe Work (MSW) Practitioner Training
The MSW Practitioner Training aims at supporting Chevron's commitment to Incident Free Operations by creating a shared set of expectations between Chevron and contractor personnel.
By the end of this training, you will be able to:
- Understand your role within the 4 phases of MSW
- Use JSA as a hazard mitigation and communication tool
- Review and understand a Chevron PTW
- Identify instances requiring you to exercise SWA
- Check in and communicate with Chevron representatives
This training is MANDATORY for all third-party contractor personnel who will fulfill the following roles while working at or for Chevron Oronite Technology b.v.:
- Permit Requesters: Individuals coordinating work activities at Chevron. Typically meets with Chevron personnel to develop Job Safety Analysis (JSA), General Permit-to-Work (PTW) and work plans. For example: Project Manager, Maintenance Planner/Coordinator
- Permit Holders: Frontline (field) supervisors responsible for ensuring that all work permit conditions are met during work execution. For example: Foreman, Work Crew Supervisor.
- A competency assessment will be conducted to verify and validate contractor's understanding of the Chevron MSW Process. Contractors must pass the competency assessment in order to fulfill their roles as Permit Requesters and/or Permit Holders.
- Contractors must bring their Green Books to get credit for this training.
- Lunch is at contractor's expense and/or based off contractor policy.
- This class is filled on a first come, first served basis.
This event is restricted to contractor personnel working at or for Chevron Oronite Technology b.v.