Content design: 2 day course (The Hague, Netherlands) €800
This CPD-certified course is for people who have some experience in writing for the web but would like a complete grounding in producing user-centred, evidence-based content. For an explanation about content design, please see Sarah Richards'
By the end of this 2-day course you will:
- be able to write in a way that works with how humans read - the most efficient way of getting your message across
- know how to find and use the vocabulary your audience uses
- have different methods of creating very targeted, user-focused content
- be up to date with the latest research on digital user-behaviour
- know how to have tricky conversations with data (perfect for getting sign-off)
- have techniques to work collaboratively with others
- Why call it content design - difference in formats, difference in skills
- Content discovery: what it is and how to use it to make informed, user-centred content decisions
- Find your audience's vocabulary and mental models
- User journey mapping
- User needs: writing user stories and job stories - the difference between them and which to use
- Structuring your page
- Reading psychology
- Peer review and pair writing - why do it and how it can stop arguments with lawyers/marketing/people with sign-off
- Content crits: why have one and we’ll run one
- Define success - what are you actually measuring and why? Where to get meaningful metrics that can help you make content decisions
- Conversations with stakeholders using data
- Dealing with legal.
For more details on content design, visit our blog at
Peter van Grieken will be delivering our course in The Hague.
Peter is a strong advocate for all things Inclusive Design. He is the founder of design studio
As an occasional conference speaker and organiser of workshops, his goal is to educate others in inclusive design and accessibility
Peter will be delivering the course in Dutch.
Testimonials for this course in the UK from previous participants:
“Sarah is one of the best in the business. She truly believes we can improve lives with good web services, and her passion is infectious. You can’t leave her sessions and not feel like you can and must change the way things work. She’s certainly inspired me!”
Persis Howe, Content Community Manager, Government Digital Service
"Content Design London are the absolute experts in the content and strategy industry that feels quite lonely at times. Absolutely worth travelling 8.7k km for – hello from San Francisco and thank you!"
"It has been a great two days and really helped me to understand the CD process better, after pretty much teaching myself what I knew so far. Activities were well-timed and kept the pace going. Great to be able to work on your own content. Has helped me gain direction in content I have been trying to write (literally) for years!"
Helen Hill, Hippo Digital