PM-BA Role Collaboration 3 Days Virtual Live Training in Rotterdam
This program provides participants with concepts and approaches for developing a partnership between the Project Manager and Business Analyst roles. Referencing specific challenges within their own context, the course provides methods to build a synergetic, functionally harmonious relationship that maximizes the business value these roles produce for the organization.
Course Outline :
- Module 1: Challenges related to project management and business analysis
- Module 2: Enterprise analysis, portfolio management and the PMO
- Module 3: Communication, stakeholder expectations management
- Module 4: Requirements definition
- Module 5: Assumptions, constraints, dependencies and Risks
- Module 6: Resource Management
- Module 7: Building a Partnership: Integration and shared responsibility throughout the project
- Business Analysts
- Project Managers
- Program Managers
- Project Sponsors
- Hybrid PM/BAs
- PM/BA Managers
- Subject Matter Experts
Learning Objectives :
- Divide and identify the roles of the Project Manager and Business Analyst, addressing multiple touch point areas, such as risks, assumptions, constraints, dependencies, communication, stakeholder relationship and expectations management, managing organizational priorities, requirements and scope, strategic alignment, resource management and estimating, processes and documentation.
- Develop a practical approach to address the intersections between the PM and BA roles and the ability to maximize each role's contribution by articulating the handover points between the roles of the Project Manager and Business Analyst.
- Integrate activities, set up the boundaries, and lists activities that must be performed harmoniously between the Project Manager and Business Analyst roles, in logical order, to ensure project and organizational benefits are realized and maximized.
- Illustrate the flow of work and responsibilities between the Project Manager and Business Analyst through both the project lifecycle and product lifecycles.
- Determine and apply the levels of respective involvement the Project Manager and theBusiness Analyst should have in project activities and the timing of their focus and touch points.
- Incorporate a series of early project activities - with focus on initiation and early planning activities - to gain more control over the project outcome and success.
- Understand and perform collaboration techniques to improve resource allocation in the project and throughout the organization and to streamline the transition between the product requirements and the project scope.
Course Agenda :Day 1
- Course Introduction
- Challenges related to project management and business analysis
- Enterprise analysis, portfolio management and the PMO
- Communication, stakeholder expectations management
- Requirements definition
- Assumptions, constraints, dependencies and Risks
- Resource Management
- Building a Partnership: Integration and shared responsibility throughout the project